Coffee enema is an integral part of Gerson Therapy. Its purpose is to detoxify the body. Coffee enema stimulates the liver to produce more Glutathione S. Transferase which scavenges free radicals from the blood as it passes through the liver. When we retain the coffee in our colon for 15 minutes, the blood circulates through our liver several times. Bile ducts are opened and peristaltic movements help pass toxins and waste out of our bodies.
Items needed for enema
- Enema bucket or bag
- 750 ml (for petite person) to 1000 ml of coffee enema solution
- A towel or exercise mat for lying down
- Oil or cream without any artificial or toxic ingredients for lubricating tube
- Timer for tracking 15-min. retention of the coffee solution
Pillow & tissue paper
To Prepare Solution
Mix 3 rounded tablespoonfuls of Detox Coffee to one litre of water (use only distilled water for the enema). Boil for 1 minute. Then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain. Top up to 1 litre with distilled water and cool to body temperature before use. Add 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar or ¼ tsp of K-salt to aid retention.
Concentrate for 4 Doses
Add 12 rounded tablespoonfuls of ground coffee and to 2 litres of water. Boil for 1 minute. Then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain. Top up to 2 litres with distilled water. When cooled, divide into 4 portions. Bottle and refrigerate. Use within 2 days. When using a portion, top up to 1 litre with hot distilled water. Bring to body temperature before use. Add 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar or ¼ tsp of K-salt to aid retention.
To Use Coffee Enema
- Use the bathroom or a bed. Lie on a mat or towel.
- You can hang the Enema bucket on a door knob, or place it on a stool or a low table next to you.
- The bucket should be about 18 inches above your body. Use a rope to lower the bucket, if necessary.
- Lie down and use a pillow for your head. Be comfortable.
- Close the valve of bucket tube before pouring coffee solution into bucket.
- Pour coffee solution into bucket and allow the solution to flow into the tube. Remove air in the tube by opening the valve and allow some solution to drain out before closing the valve.
- Lubricate 3 inches of the end of the tube with cream or oil that does not use any chemical additives. Do not use refined oil.
Hang or place bucket 12 to 18 inches above your body.
Lie down on your right side with knees slightly bent towards your chest in a relaxed position.
- Insert tube about 3 inches (5 cm) into your rectum pointing the tube towards your navel.
- Open tube valve and allow the solution to flow into your body
- If you experience any cramping, stop the flow by pinching the tube or closing the valve. Breathe quick, shallow breaths, relax and let the wave of cramping pass before continuing.
- If the cramping becomes unbearable, use the toilet to release. Then resume the process of getting all coffee solution to flow into your body.
- Retain solution for 12 to 15 minutes.
- If you are constipated, or your colon is full of stools, do a distilled water enema ( use 500ml of water at body temperature with a tablespoon of ACV) to empty your colon first. Then do the coffee enema.
- Drink a glass of fresh vegetable juice after the enema to replace any lost electrolytes.
For those who are sick, please seek professional guidance on how to use the coffee enema properly.